Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

CFS

(3 Posts)
Jinx1906 Tue 30-Apr-13 15:15:57

Hi,

A friend of mine has been diagnosed with this condition and has been off work for nearly 18 months. I'm trying to help her but I don't know much about the condition so I was hoping to find some help here on these boards.

She says that she always feels tired and is not able to go back to work. She seems to spent most of her days doing nothing, except that she is now going to the gym a few times a week. However, she still says that she is to tired to go back to work. She spents a lot of the time around my house when I'm not at work. I guess she just craves company. I don't mind however my DD's and my husband are fed up with the fact that she spents so much time at our house. My husband in particular thinks that she should just get on with life and says that if it wasn't that work pays the bills he too would like to sit at home and do nothing the whole day long. He seems to think that she is just plain lazy and enjoys a life on benefits. :-(

I want to continue to support my friend but I simply do not know what to do. I don't know much about the condition.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Thanks

ColouringInQueen Tue 30-Apr-13 19:50:56

Hi Jinx I don't know anything about CFS either, so bumping this for you. Also it might be worth posting in General Health too? I know quite a few results come up when you search for CFS so that's worth a try for more info. My limited understanding is that it can be a very debilitating illness and there's much debate about cause and best treatment. Your friend is very lucky to have you. All the best to you both.

Jinx1906 Wed 01-May-13 07:35:55

Thanks, will try to post in general health. Thanks for the tip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now