Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety Arracks

(11 Posts)
TheFlameWhoWasAfraidOfTheDark Thu 18-May-06 00:36:51

How do you deal with them??

I've had them on and off since I was about 11, normally armed with rescue remedy and they pass fairly quickly, but tonight I can't find the rescue remedy, can't calm down.

I've been trying to concentrate on breathing etc but it just seems to be spiralling.

CountessDracula Thu 18-May-06 00:39:21

you could puff into a paper bag is supposed to be very very good for that sort of thing

CountessDracula Thu 18-May-06 00:40:25

ie shallow puff in and out rapidly into the neck of a paper bag that you have crushed in your hand with the small open neck bit open above your fist

does that make sense??

TheFlameWhoWasAfraidOfTheDark Thu 18-May-06 00:41:31

Yes it does - will go hunt out a bag

CountessDracula Thu 18-May-06 00:42:10

i bet any old bag would do not just paper

CountessDracula Thu 18-May-06 00:59:41

you ok flamey?

TheFlameWhoWasAfraidOfTheDark Thu 18-May-06 01:01:26

Starting to calm down a bit... found a big envelope to blow in, and have been reading the boycott thread with no glasses on - I think the concentrating on making the words less fuzzy has been the biggest help!!!

CountessDracula Thu 18-May-06 01:02:40

Good.

Do you have any brandy in the house? Tastes like rescue remedy imo so a bit might be a good placebo

TheFlameWhoWasAfraidOfTheDark Thu 18-May-06 01:07:10

lmao - I had actually just been eyeing up a bottle of southern comfort wondering the same thing

TheFlameWhoWasAfraidOfTheDark Thu 18-May-06 01:13:40

Thankyou - gonna try and go to bed again. If nothing else DS should wake for a feed soon and that normally relaxes me.

TheFlameWhoWasAfraidOfTheDark Thu 18-May-06 01:14:31

Thankyou - gonna try and go to bed again. If nothing else DS should wake for a feed soon and that normally relaxes me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: