Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

weight gain on amytripaline - advice/help, please!

(7 Posts)
TrampyPants Tue 30-Apr-13 09:39:38

I have been put on amytripaline on addition to diclofenic and tramadol to help manage fibromyalgia and teitzes. Now, my symptoms are definitely more managable (not great, but better) BUT I am anorexic. I maintain a decent weight and bmi, but have frequent spirals. I've just had a severe one. I can normally get my weight back up slowly, but I have (for me) ballooned. I've put a lot on (more than I do normally) very, VERY quickly. I'm not even eating much more than I did at easter, and no crisps/sweets/chocolate, but I can't stop this weight gain. Its really distressing me and making me paranoid and anxious.

Did anyone else gain weight on this (last week I started taking 2 a night as prescribed) and is there any way to manage it?

TrampyPants Tue 30-Apr-13 09:56:55

Bump

TrampyPants Tue 30-Apr-13 10:26:57

?

TrampyPants Tue 30-Apr-13 13:20:06

Anyone?

Lonelybunny Tue 30-Apr-13 13:44:06

No idea ? Could you maybe call your GP and see if there is something else you could try ?

TrampyPants Tue 30-Apr-13 15:13:31

Thank you! I will call. Ifthis is temporary, then I can cope because of the difference its made to my other issues.

larahusky Thu 02-May-13 21:33:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now