Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I have just cut off a lot of my dysfunctional and abusive family

(8 Posts)
discotequewreck Mon 29-Apr-13 15:44:46

I'm not even saying i'm blameless or that I really feel that much anger. i'm just so tired and I couldn't carry on in a relationship with them anymore.

I feel wiped out, sad and a bit empty but I plod along for my children.

Will it get easier?

Crawling Mon 29-Apr-13 17:06:13

Yes It will soon It seems horrid at the thought of letting them back. Well done on being so brave and making this move.

dothraki Mon 29-Apr-13 17:20:01

Hi disco. It will get easier. It does take time though. Are you going to inform them or just walk away. We just walked away. Sadly sometimes that is not enough for some people. They may still try to prod and poke you - mine does. But ignore, ignore, ignore - they really don't like that. I know its been shit for you lately - hopefully this can be a fresh beginning for you. Good luck

discotequewreck Mon 29-Apr-13 17:27:02

thank you dothraki, you have been kind to me in your posts. Reminds me there are nice people out there, and Crawling too smile

I have just walked away really. Well I challenged them about something I felt was dishonest and hurtful and they retaliated. Now i'm just ignoring.

I have blocked all phones, any letters will be binned. They live far away.

dothraki Mon 29-Apr-13 17:42:21

All good. I found it very theraputic to write a letter and burn it. I might change the land line number - as someone decided to ring me yesterday. I stopped using my mobile when I realised how nice it was not to use one.
I walked away - but that wasn't good enough for them. She informed dh that she never wants to see me again shock........she must have missed the bit where we have had no contact with her for 6 months grin

dothraki Mon 29-Apr-13 17:44:31

Oh I know its only early but here wine
well done, I know its not been easy. I'm off out now - but I'll pop back later or tomorrow to see your still ok. flowers

SickOfYourShit Mon 29-Apr-13 19:34:32

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

dothraki Tue 30-Apr-13 09:43:12

Hi disco - sorry I didn't get to see the above message shock
but its probably time for me to name change - as clearly no contact was not working.
If I name change I'll pm you. Take care

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now