Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety is ruining my life:(

(6 Posts)
Allysunflower Mon 29-Apr-13 12:10:55

No matter how hard I try or what I do nothing is improving, my quality of life is so bad, I just go through the motions each day day after day, the guilt I feel towards my children is awful, and I just don't know how I can carry on like this, tablets are not working and the help out there is so poor, I feel so lonelysad

Lonelybunny Mon 29-Apr-13 12:32:36

Hello , what tablets are you on ? I know what you mean about the help , and everything is a long queue all the time . I feel the same as you. I always wish the baby would just sleep so I can sit and do nothing but then when she does I feel so guilty cause I've done nothing with her all day so sad sad maybe go back to GP about your meds ,

anonymum11 Mon 29-Apr-13 12:52:07

Sounds similar to how I felt. There is help out there, but it can be hard to find.
Definitely go back to your GP and ask about changing tablets and/or dose. Have you tried anything like counselling? You could ask them about that. If the GP's no help, try making an appointment with another GP at the surgery if you can - they're not all the same.
You're not alone.

Allysunflower Wed 01-May-13 09:14:27

Hi sorry not been on phone much, I'm on escitalopram 20mg, 2 weeks or so now, but was on citalopram similar for over 4 years up until last dec then had all this back so was changed to mirtazapine for nearly 3 months but it didn't help so changed back to citalopram and now the newer version escitalopram? I'm being told its the anxiety that's causing the problems with the terrible nausea and agitation not the tablets? I constantly feel sick, and am still so depressedsad x

Apanicaday Wed 01-May-13 11:19:04

It took me a good 3 weeks for the additional side effects of escitalopram to wear off, and at least 5 before they really started to have a positive effect. Stick with them - the first bit is so bloody hard and unpleasant to get through. And keep talking to your GP, and pushing for help - its so incredibly frustrating how poor the help is sometimes, but you will improve.

Allysunflower Wed 01-May-13 15:09:36

Thank you, I just can't see a way forward and am feeling so desperate, it's been 16 nights tonight and the nausea etc still hasn't improved at all, I'm loosing weight and it's the anxiety and my mood that is not getting better, I feel like giving up, and I'm constantly worried there's more wrong than just anxiety and depression to feel no better infact worse? mental health team aren't much help and just say I've got to try harder! my husband is at the end of his tether and just thinks I can stop this? I have a 2 year old that doesn't sleep well and 2 more children 16 and 12, it's all so hard, will no family either to help, I'm worried I've mentioned time and time how I have these horrible dark thoughts but nothing helps it or they don't take me seriously? I just want to feel some progress, thank you for caring, x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now