Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I thought I was fine but alas I'm not.

(2 Posts)
notsoyoniface Mon 29-Apr-13 10:14:32

I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety last year, July I believe. I had been taking 20mg of Citalipram which went up to 40mg at Christmas.

It was really helping I felt good I was achieving at work, starting to lose weight and I started running.

I saw a different doctor, and my 40mg was dropped to 20mg and I ended up self weaning off the citalopram, about 4 weeks ago. The anxiety and depression is coming back, I thought it was pmt as I get that way when I am due on, but I have my period and the feeling has not gone away.

Will the doctor be mad at me for self stopping? I can't make a appointment until next week, I seriously thought I was better.

The problem is that I can't put my finger on what is making me so bloody anxious.

But at least I recognise that it is coming back and I can do something about it now, before it gets as bad as it was last year.

LEMisdisappointed Mon 29-Apr-13 15:56:34

You need to go back to your doctor, how long did you take to wean off? I did this, and now im back to square one - so if i were you i would get an emergency appointment, if you cant do that, get a telephone consultation and start taking the pills again. You should come off citalopram over a period of months not weeks. You sound just like me, anxiety but not sure why - i didn't do anything about it and two years later and im in a really bad place sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now