Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

NHS Direct says call an ambulance because I am suicidal??

(73 Posts)
MyBloominMarvellousYoni Sun 28-Apr-13 21:32:42

What would an ambulance do? Apart from take me to A&E and leave me there for hours then let me go??

I am starting to feel that the only way out of this mess is to just kill myself!!!

I want to scream really loudly that I am NOT OK. But nobody is there to listen.

The crisis team discharged me a few weeks ago and I was given a care co-ordinator but I have heard nothing in weeks and I have been left totally alone. (New BPD diagnosis)

If the CMHT aren't taking me seriously then whats the point????!

**Having a rant as I have nobody else to talk to and I am going to burst with all of this inside me

mrsfassbender Sun 28-Apr-13 21:34:34

Stay on here, I will listen and I'm sure others will too.
Can you call Crisis team now?

kissmyheathenass Sun 28-Apr-13 21:35:43

Hi, Im here too. Is no one there with you?

kissmyheathenass Sun 28-Apr-13 21:36:26

I have been in a similar place to you. It didn't last forever.

Makeminealarge Sun 28-Apr-13 21:38:45

Call the crisis team. Failing that nhs111 as they can point u in right direction who can help. You're not alone and there are people who are willing to listen x

GracieLoo Sun 28-Apr-13 21:38:46

God this could be me right now! Sorry not much advice but I know exactly how you are feeling. Call the cc tomorrow, chase them up. I get what you mean about screaming and no one hears, i've also just had that diagnosis and feeling crap right now.

mrsfassbender Sun 28-Apr-13 21:39:02

are you there, Yoni? whereabouts in UK are you?

mrsfassbender Sun 28-Apr-13 21:40:28

Did your crisis team give you a number to call if you felt this way?

kissmyheathenass Sun 28-Apr-13 21:40:38

And also these people always listned.
www.samaritans.org/?gclid=CJSRwvyb7rYCFTMRtAodMwwAGw

msrisotto Sun 28-Apr-13 21:42:38

Well the a,balance would take you to the inpatient mental health ward I guess, to keep you safe whilst you feel this way.

Have you tried calling the Samaritans before? here
Is there a friend or family member you can talk to?

msrisotto Sun 28-Apr-13 21:42:57

Ambulance not a balance!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sun 28-Apr-13 21:43:34

Call your crisis team back, and keep calling them.

Failing that can you get hold of the number for a nearby area crisis team. They shouldn't be allowed to fail you.
Hang on in there.

Nagoo Sun 28-Apr-13 21:50:34

If you had a friend who was suicidal you'd phone 999. It should be the same if you feel that was yourself.

YoniOrNotYoni Sun 28-Apr-13 21:53:41

Samaritans? Us?

NonnoMum Sun 28-Apr-13 21:55:53

OP - I LOVE your name!

Keep talking to us...

TheChaoGoesMu Sun 28-Apr-13 21:58:28

Yoni, call 999. You need to get somewhere safe now. Please keep talking.

MyBloominMarvellousYoni Sun 28-Apr-13 21:58:32

I have emailed the Samaritans before (I am not good on the phone) but I think I preferred talking here.

I had a bit of a breakdown a few weeks ago but I felt forced to try and get better (Or at least look better) for everyone else's sake.

My DP keeps saying that if I am off work we will lose the house which makes me feel awful so I try and hide it then I just get so worked up the more it builds. Tonight I am ready to explode with it all sad

kissmyheathenass Sun 28-Apr-13 22:00:04

Is dp generally supportive?
Would you really lose the house?

MyBloominMarvellousYoni Sun 28-Apr-13 22:00:19

The crisis team couldn't wait to get rid of me. They discharged me to the CMHT and I have been left despite telling them both I wasn't ready.

I feel like everything is so fake. They are making it look like they are being helpful but they are more bothered about getting patients off their books.

TheChaoGoesMu Sun 28-Apr-13 22:00:55

Yoni, please call 999. Don't worry about work and the house at the moment. Your safety is far more important. Everything else can be sorted out later.

MyBloominMarvellousYoni Sun 28-Apr-13 22:01:22

Kiss He is trying his best. He doesn't really know what to do.

I have to earn enough to cover our rent every month (He pays the rest of the bills) So if I can't do that then yes we wouldn't be able to live here anymore sad

Grockle Sun 28-Apr-13 22:02:09

When I called my crisis team a few weeks ago because I felt suicidal & unsafe, the duty worker said 'Can you do some paperwork or something? I don't really know what to say... we'll discuss you in our meeting next week & will call you back.' hmm

So, that was helpful.

I don't know what to suggest, other than reminding yourself that it will get easier. I can sit here & say that to you but it's not so easy to actually do. Do you have DC? I sometimes go into DS's room & sniff him & poke him... it reminds me that I cannot die.

MyBloominMarvellousYoni Sun 28-Apr-13 22:03:06

TheChao I am scared. Scared of letting everyone down again. Scared of what DP will think of me when I tell him. Scared that I will become homeless.

All this is stopping me sad It is also making me want to end things even more so I can't win sad

MyBloominMarvellousYoni Sun 28-Apr-13 22:04:34

Nope no DC. Just me and DP.

I have been waiting all day for the feeling to go away. Each miniute at work I thought 'It will go away soon' but it has just got stronger!

mrsfassbender Sun 28-Apr-13 22:05:59

I can't believe how rubbish your crisis team are being sad

I don't know what to suggest; do you have friends close by? Are you feeling like you may hurt yourself? Is anyone in the house at the moment?

I have been there, Yoni, and I used to make myself go and look at DC sleeping to try and help me feel better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now