Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Would CBT help DH?

(6 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Mon 22-Apr-13 18:12:22

DH seems to go from slightly stressed to full on angry very very quickly.

As I have had some CBT about 2 years ago I know how helpful it can be with helping you look at a situation in a different way and not immediately going into meltdown, be that anxiety, anger, depression etc.

I have suggested it to him and he seems open to the idea but wondered:
A. Would he get this on the nhs? (I did, but wasn't coping generally)
B. Would it be beneficial?

Unfortunatelyanxious Mon 22-Apr-13 20:54:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BaconAndAvocado Mon 22-Apr-13 21:02:53

Thanks for response unfortunately

I'm not sure if its anger management issues? He just seems to be in a cycle of reacting to quite small things in an inappropriately extreme way..Maybe it is anger management?

BaconAndAvocado Mon 22-Apr-13 21:06:39

Luckily when I had CBT I got an appointment within 2 weeks and I wasn't that bad ( in my opinion?)

Also thought about yoga to he him relax more?

Unfortunatelyanxious Mon 22-Apr-13 21:17:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BaconAndAvocado Mon 22-Apr-13 22:21:11

No, he's not reluctant to go but it seems to get forgotten, until the next time he blows up.

Sometimes I feel like he's looking for something to be angry about, which is why I think CBT would be a good idea. It's turning into a default setting when faced with a problem and he needs to train himself to deal with it differently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now