Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

desperate for advice

(8 Posts)
tryinghard7 Tue 16-Apr-13 18:55:15

Hi, I started suffering with anxiety 2 months ago, it came out of the blue, I had a week of intense panic attacks and now seem to be continuously anxious. The doctor put me on citralipam which i took for 3 days and came off because i felt suicidal on it which i've never felt before. I asked for cbt but he said no. I feel so alone, i'm constantly scared of losing control and have these horrible thoughts that scare the life out of me. I keep reading online that you should accept the anxiety and not fight it, but i dont know how to do this. Would be really grateful for some advice, this is all new to me and i dont think i'll ever be back to how i was before.

goodjambadjar Tue 16-Apr-13 18:58:07

Hi, I'm sorry you're not feeling your best.

Has anything changed in your life that may have brought this on? Like in the last 3 months? thanks

tryinghard7 Tue 16-Apr-13 19:04:08

I think ive had stress building up over the last couple of years, but nothing has changed or happened, i feel like i'm losing my marbles sad. Thank you for replying

goodjambadjar Tue 16-Apr-13 19:13:18

Can you see another doctor? Ask for different ADs if you want to take them, and ask if you can go on their counselling waiting list.

Is there anyone in RL you can talk to? We'll still be here for you of course, but a real hand to hold can sometimes be better than a virtual one. Could it be PND if you have children? And this might sound trivial or weird, but has your birth control changed if you're using any?

tryinghard7 Fri 19-Apr-13 17:16:34

I'm going to ask another doctor, to be honest when all this started i had just started quitting smoking and was wearing a patch and using an e cigarette, i'm beginning to wonder if that triggered it. I am underweight and maybe had too much nicotine for my body - i dont know sad I have 3 children and my youngest is 6 and i don't use birth control. Feel trapped in a bit of a panic cycle sad

HeartOfDixie Fri 19-Apr-13 17:21:11

I think (assuming you are in England) that you can refer yourself via IAPT (the nhs division who deliver mental health services) and they usually provide cbt therapy as their preferred treatment. I may be wrong but worth a look on their website.

tryinghard7 Fri 26-Apr-13 14:20:48

Hi thank you, i've referred myself am just waiting for them to call back

Lonelybunny Sat 27-Apr-13 09:28:28

You can refer yourself ? That's interesting I may do the same smile good luck xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: