Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Books on Borderline Personality Disorder

(6 Posts)
MyBloominMarvellousYoni Mon 15-Apr-13 17:01:12

My care co-ordinator recommended Borderline Personality Disorder For Dummies but the reviews on Amazon aren't too good.

Has anyone read it?

Are there any other books you have felt have helped understand the disorder?

violetsrblue Mon 15-Apr-13 18:30:13

I have just read 'Buddha and the Borderline' which I thought was great, it's by Kiera Van Gelder. Also ploughing through 'Cognitive-Behavioural Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder' by Marsha M Linehan' - fantastic but it's a bit pricey.

violetsrblue Mon 15-Apr-13 18:34:44

Haven't read the one you mentioned, though I read the 'Dummies' one about PTSD..good luck with finding something, it's helped me a lot to read up about BPD.

MyBloominMarvellousYoni Mon 15-Apr-13 19:42:51

I've just read a sample of Buddha and the Borderline. Thank you for that suggestion. It seems very good so I'm going to buy it!

Fluffydressinggown Mon 15-Apr-13 20:53:07

I have read the dummies one and found it rubbish.

The Marsha Lineham stuff is very interesting. How are you doing now Blooming?

MyBloominMarvellousYoni Mon 15-Apr-13 21:47:25

Hi Fluffy,

I'm doing better than I was thank you. I am taking things one day at a time.

I was transferred over to my care co-ordinator from the crisis team today which is a bit scary as it's someone new to explain everything to but she seemed really nice so should be ok.

The quetiapine is making me very sleepy and I'm having some very strange dreams so i am confused a lot as to what is real.

But I have come such a long way in the last few weeks. I am finally looking forward to things instead of thinking my only way out is to die.

I hope you are ok Fluffy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: