Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Terrified and don't know how to manage

(7 Posts)
Cairngorms Sun 14-Apr-13 13:56:24

I've posted here before about suffering with depression and anxiety.

My children go back to school tomorrow. They are at two different schools. I don't feel that I can do it. I don't know what to do.

Cairngorms Sun 14-Apr-13 13:56:56

Actually, not tomorrow, they go back on Tuesday.

JuliaScurr Sun 14-Apr-13 14:00:10

<holds Cairngorms hand>

try breaking it down into little bits
what's the most difficult bit of it for you?
is there someone who can help?

we're here smile

WallyBantersYoniBox Sun 14-Apr-13 14:02:48

What is it that you don't feel you can do?

Take them to school? Manage the school run? Get out of bed?

Perhaps if you write a small list of tasks in small steps and tackle each one, one at a time.

There are things you can do tonight to make the whole thing easier:

Iron and layout uniforms, underwear and socks.
Layout clothes for yourself
Make up lunches, prepare lunch money sort school bags and leave by the front door.
Lay out the table with bowls, spoons and cereal.

Can they dress themselves and get their own breakfasts?
Get up a early as you can and take your time.
Can your DH support or help you, go in the car etc?

Cairngorms Sun 14-Apr-13 14:08:17

DH will not be around this week. I don't know whether I can get my parents to help.

The school run - from leaving home to final drop off - takes an hour, and involves two lots of parking, walking to the school and seeing children into places.

The uniforms and kit are not here at the moment - I need to collect them from somewhere else tomorrow.

I can't think what things need to be done for Tuesday morning.

Dolallytats Sun 14-Apr-13 15:09:29

I know this will be of no help, but sometimes it helps to know you are nt on your own. My DS goes back on Tuesday too and I have no idea how I'm getting him there or getting him home again.....and his school is only 7 mins down the road.

You will be ok(as will I), breath deeply and slowly and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

JuliaScurr Mon 15-Apr-13 09:49:35

Cairngorms & Dolally
This anxiety depression agoraphobia is horrible.
Agree with lists, minute by minute from getting up to getting home after taking them to school.
If you do that list for Tuesday morning, you'll be able to see what you need to do by then
<and breathe>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now