Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Think I might be heading for a crash

(5 Posts)
AvonCallingBarksdale Thu 11-Apr-13 17:46:28

Hello. I just want to get this all down really. I am feeling very tired at the moment and would like to "step off" for a bit. I feel like I'm on the edge of a dark tunnel and am about to go hurtling in. I'm crying every day now, whereas, until recently, I've been able to keep things together, but I'm just finding that too much effort now. I'm miserable in my house, I resent DH for persuading me we should buy it when I was pregnant. I resent myself for being persuaded. I'm envious of all the "stuff" people around us have blush. I want my pre-kids life back, I think. sad. I don't want to have sex with DH, but sometimes I'd rather just lie back and get on with it than go to the effort of telling him I don't want to. I can't be bothered with anything really. Feel like I'm wading through fucking treacle and I can't see a way out. I am so bloody tired. I think I probably had PND after DS (9) - I realised when I had DD (6) and didn't feel the same that I had sleep-walked through DS's first year really. I don't know if I'm hiding this all from the DCs well enough. I've tried telling DH how miserable I am, but he just gets cross and says he's doing his best. THat's it really. THanks for reading.

squaresausage Thu 11-Apr-13 17:50:23

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have any time to relax, just you? Are you speaking to the doctor re: medication. You sound like you really need to unwind.

AvonCallingBarksdale Thu 11-Apr-13 17:52:50

THank you for replying. I'm scared of going to the GP tbh. I don't know why. I've felt like this a little bit before and just got my head down until it's got better, but this time feels different and I feel quite disconnected. I would like to walk out of the front door and keep walking at the moment, but won't cos I'm here with the DC.

squaresausage Thu 11-Apr-13 17:58:30

I wouldn't be scared of going to the GP. IME a small amount of medication can stop the overwhelming feelings of not coping as well as helping with your energy levels. Even just talking to them will help you gain some perspective. I really wish you all the best. It can get better.

AvonCallingBarksdale Thu 11-Apr-13 18:04:07

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now