Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Angry at mum.

(5 Posts)
Crawling Sun 07-Apr-13 19:52:44

Im Bipolar and im going manic at this point im feeling considerate rage at my mum so im offloading here.

My mum I believe is histrionic and my therapist agrees.

When I was 8 and my dad was in prison my mum and her new boyfriend decided to put me in a car with a German shepherd who had bitten two children previously. As we got out of the car it bit me and I nearly died. My mum had a nervous breakdown (which im not angry over) but I was left fighting for my life alone.

After this every time something was wrong any operations my mum claimed she couldnt handle the stress and would have a nervous breakdown again. I was left to my own devices much of the time and left to care for my drug addict father as mum couldnt handle it but apperently I was born strong and as a child was perfectly capable of it.

I had to get in the middle of fights and protect my little sister. When I was 13 I had my first manic episode including pychosis and my mum was so wrapped up in herself she didnt see or care I didnt come home most nights.

I got in a abusive relationship and was raped resulting in pg age 15 while on a pychotic depression which again went unnoticed and living in a womens aid. I was forced into a termination and was forced to have it alone as apperently my mum couldnt deal with the stress.

After this I attempted suicide and was addmitted to hospital for a month and pychiatric services.

I haf many more upps and downs until being diagnosed scizoaffective all Bipolar symptoms and scizophrenic episodes.

Every time I am ill my mother ends up being ill and claims to be worse than me and that she needs the family support more.

Just so angry atm thought Id get it out sorry if its a bit garbled.

LuckyLuckyMe Sun 07-Apr-13 20:03:52

Oh Crawling I'm so so sorry sad

You've been through so much. Have you looked at the stately homes threads and the narcissistic parent threads. They could be really helpful for you.

Do you have anyone in RL to talk to?

Crawling Sun 07-Apr-13 20:06:38

My partner understands having a narrcassitic mum himself Ill have a look on the statly homes thread thank you.

LuckyLuckyMe Sun 07-Apr-13 20:13:04

This thread where children of narcissistic parents give examples of things they have said and done to them might help too as it can be a bit comforting to know you are not alone.

Crawling Sun 07-Apr-13 20:26:11

Thank you off to read now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now