Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Is there anyone here with severe OCD who works?

(1 Post)
SneezingwakestheJesus Sun 07-Apr-13 19:48:02

I have very bad OCD (the severe end of severe according to psychiatrist) and have a young child. I have the long term aim of finding a job so I can have enough money for us to be comfortable rather than on benefits. I cannot think of anything I could do though. I can't work in a cafe because of contamination fears with the food. I can't work in care for contamination fears from the personal care involved. I can't work in a supermarket because I am scared to touch bottles containing chemicals (like bleach) or packets of meat so would not be able to be a checkout assistant.

I do have a degree but an only looking at NMW type jobs atm as the working environment is a trigger for me anyway.

I was just curious if anyone here has OCD too and if you do, what job or career you are in and how you handle your OCD at work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now