Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Bipolar - pregnant and on quetiapine slow release

(4 Posts)
mummyamy86 Sat 09-Mar-13 22:03:19

Hi everyone - really wanted some advice from someone that is on the same medication and pregnant or been pregnant on this medication- I miscarried in November last year due to 'natural causes' but I'm obviously worried about my tablets- found out I was pregnant again today an really worried about the effect of these pills on my unborn baby- please help confused xx

VisualiseAHorse Sun 10-Mar-13 08:33:34

Just bumping this up for you.

I was on quetiapine after my baby was born (he was about 3 months old) - I found because I was BF it was making him very very drowsy so I actually stopped taking it after a week. I really think that you should have a chat to your doctor/psychiatrist about this.

GeordieJellybean Tue 11-Mar-14 22:17:24

I was on Quetiapine (modified release) throughout my pregnancy. My DS is nearly 5 months old now and is fine. I came off it for breast feeding (it was really hard to get anyone to tell me if it was safe or not so in the end my psychiatrist said to try without it) but had to start taking it again due to a manic episode when he was 3 months. I now breast feed part time (waiting 12 hours after my dose for the levels to be lower) after my psychiatrist got advice from another consultant.
Best of luck with your pregnancy!

GeordieJellybean Tue 11-Mar-14 22:18:33

Just realised this was a year ago! I'll blame baby brain, hope it all went well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now