Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

help me to help my friend please.

(3 Posts)
NippyDrips Tue 26-Feb-13 10:26:12

My friend has been through a relationship break down and had to move home as a result. She is on antidepressants but she is still really struggling.

Her attitude toward everything is really negative and she is telling me she is suicidal. She has been reffered for group councilling but she won't tell the doctor how bad she is feeling because she thinks they will take her sin away.

She said if she tells them how bad she feels she will be commited and locked up with people who will try to rape her and she knows this because she read a story online.

She is being irrational and I feel totally out of my depth. I don't know how to help her, does anyone have any advice?

SnowyMouse Tue 26-Feb-13 10:44:26

For starters wards tend to be single sex nowadays. Would she talk to Mind over the phone to ask questions? It takes a lot to be sectioned, a lot of people choose to go into hospital when it is suggested to them.

NippyDrips Tue 26-Feb-13 10:56:01

Thanks snowy mouse, I will point that out about the wards.

I will suggest she calls mind. I just tried,them for some advice but they had a Que to speak o someone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now