Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

having a bad day

(12 Posts)
MrsBeep Mon 14-Jan-13 16:18:36

I have suffered with mental health problems for around 14 years of my life (I'm 28). I'm pretty above water and am settled into a new job, but I'm having such a bad day today that I can feel a panic attack coming on. I haven't had one in years. I would just appreciate a kind word if anyone is out there.
Really do not feel me today and I'm scared.

SnowyMouse Mon 14-Jan-13 16:21:06

Hi MrsBeep Sorry to hear you're having a bad day sad Do you have any ways of getting yourself through panic attacks?

MrsBeep Mon 14-Jan-13 20:22:24

I have a few coping mechanisms, but where I work I'm not able to do them, as it's too pressured to take even 5 mins away from my desk or calls. On my way home now after an awful day. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Mon 14-Jan-13 20:38:39

Is it worse at work then? For me it's always at home. What do you usually to take the pressure off?

MrsBeep Mon 14-Jan-13 23:35:14

It can happen anywhere, but work isn't helping matters right now. I feel like I just want to sleep all day. I don't do that, but I feel like it.

MrsBeep Tue 15-Jan-13 06:30:41

Calling in sick. Feel like my head is spinning. :-( Even more stress now as I'm in my probationary period and have already had 3 bouts of sickness (all stomach flu) and when I come back from this one they'll drag me into another probationary hearing.

drinkyourmilk Tue 15-Jan-13 06:39:37

You need to look after yourself first though. Otherwise how can you do your job at all?

Can you spend today calming down ready for tomorrow? If it may take a few days maybe its worth getting a drs note? This could buy you a week and give you time to access outside resources if you want to. You will be able to cope with the stress at work if you feel better in yourself.

Big hugs too, its been a while since I've had a day like that, but I remember how overwhelming it is xx

boysarelikehogs Tue 15-Jan-13 06:45:14

Op, so sorry you're going through this. You will feel normal again, you have before and you will again.

Your job sounds stressful; do you think it could be that contributing to your anxiety? You definitely did the right thing not going in, you're ill today.
You'll be ok, you know.

chimchar Tue 15-Jan-13 06:50:26

no advice....I feel the same as you.

sending you a hug xx

MurderOfGoths Tue 15-Jan-13 15:05:16

Oh sweetheart sad Wish I could take you away from it all

MrsBeep Tue 15-Jan-13 15:36:12

Thanks for the support MN's. (and a special thanks to MoG x).

When I called in sick, I did tell a porky. I said I had a migraine. I slept until 12pm today (VERY late for me!), so I think I just needed some down time for my head. Not sure if I will go in tomorrow.

I don't get paid for time off sick though, so I can't take the piss, as we won't be able to pay the bills.

My job may be contributing towards my anxiety and I know it will a little more when I return as I am currently in my probationary period and have already had that extended due to sickness already - I had that damn stomach flu virus back in Oct, and as I kept coming back to work too soon (As I couldn't afford to take time off money wise!) my sicknesses all counted separately as 3 'bouts'. The place that I work at has a limit of 3 'bouts' in a rolling year, before they pull you up on it, so I know I'm going to have another meeting when I return as this is bout no. 4.

FFS.

Feel like I'm sinking.

MurderOfGoths Tue 15-Jan-13 15:40:26

Seeing as what the company is about they've got a horrific attitude to illness! If there's anything I can do let me know

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now