Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

RAPID CYCLING?

(5 Posts)
mumtoaandj Fri 11-Jan-13 14:28:16

Anyone any experience. Ive had clinical depression since i was 17 now 36, hospitalised in 2001- always told i have clinical severe depression. I react manic like to ssris and have had a depression blip recently resulting in awful reaction to zispin and for 3 weeks totally ad free (first time in years except during pregnancy) I have a feeling that i might be rapid cycling- i have met someone who did this previously but it seemed over a period of time, i seem toi be going up and down rather quickly. mainly down though. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist on monday- do i mention this or is it just my body getting use to no ads.
rapid talking, jumping from one conversation to another, for maybe 15 minutes, then back to depression and not wanting to participate, over whleming feeling of depression, ive had this over the last week maybe everyday once or twice a day.

Crawling Fri 11-Jan-13 15:40:48

It may not necessary be rapid cycling it could be a mixed episode you should certainly mention it at your appointment.

mumtoaandj Fri 11-Jan-13 16:56:47

Thank you i have just googled mixed episode it does sound like that. I will mention it on monday. Mental illness is awful i feel incapacitated by it, am turning down work and it is eating away at my life.yet to the unknown people i hope i come across as coping and all smiles- inside it is a battle. it has taken more thatn a month to get this appointment and knowing my luck it will be a day where i either shrug everything off lightly or don't really say anything.i am also worreid because now i have 2 children, i am sure i am functioning correctly for them and they are not aware of anything but i worry what the doctors will think if i tell the truth about how i feel about myself.

Crawling Fri 11-Jan-13 17:54:08

I have polar and relate to alto of how you feel trust me when I say a psychiatrist will not bat an eye I love mine because I can tell him I want to kill everyone and its like I have said what I have for lunch. Make sure you describe the up symptoms because that may make a big difference in your treatment.

You have my sympathy mixed episodes are by far the worst. Feel free to share anything you want to I am listening, and most people who know are completely unaware I suffer a major mental illness people don't tend to notice so people probably don't notice yours either.

Crawling Fri 11-Jan-13 17:55:32

Oh and don't worry what they will think I have 3 children and the doctors have never suggested anything about me being a bad mum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now