Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How do I help DH?

(4 Posts)
Sparkleandshine Tue 04-Dec-12 14:38:12

My DH is really worrying me as he is doing some very odd things. He can't stand to be around people and is making some weird decisions.

I am certain my DH is suffering from depression. He won't admit how bad it is. I can see tears in his eye and he doesn't normally cry. He can't manage to go to work. He is struggling to sleep, he went for a run at 4am a couple of days ago.

What the hell can I do to get him to a doctor AND admit the extent of it.


amillionyears Tue 04-Dec-12 14:47:40

I presume you have gently mentioned to him about going to the GPs?

I have seen a poster on here before, say that you can make an appointment for yourself to see your own GP to talk about your DH.
I think what happened to the lady she advised was, the lady did that, the GP then called in her spouse on some other minor matter, and then managed to get the spouse to speak about his symptoms while he was in there iyswim.

Sparkleandshine Tue 04-Dec-12 14:59:53

He won't go to the GP, but it's a good idea I will make an appointment and see where we get to.

I have bought him some st johns Wort - then read on the packet the symptoms of depression to him (it said go to the doctor if you have...) and it is everything he is.

I just feel I need some support myself sad I am running our business on my own(he won't come in to work). looking after the kids and running the house.... I don't know how single parents do it...

amillionyears Tue 04-Dec-12 15:24:06

Is there anyone in rl to help you out a bit?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: