Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Just starting to lose to anxiety

(3 Posts)
timewastingonhere Thu 08-Nov-12 21:04:27

I have always thought I was never an anxious person and thought it was a bit of random thing/non tangible and over the years I've had 'health issues' and consultants say are you anxious/you need to relax/walk/yoga etc and then my health symptoms have always been proved to be something like thyroid so thought well that's not anxiety anyway over the last month - however the last few weeks I have been suffering with scary symptoms most nights I am woken with my chest pounding and heart racing, I now get the classic tight belt around my chest - I'm crying writing this but I don't know why - I've cried all day - and I've had the realiastion that maybe I am that anxious person and the anxiety symptoms have now became a problem - I am drinking more not a lot but every night to try and help me sleep, I have intense chest pain and racing heart; I don't want to go to the doctor as I feel they will make the final conclusion that 'I'm a nutter' but do I need a doctor or do I just need to accept my anxiety and deal with it myself -

Aghhhhh I hate this feeling any help/advice/kindred spirits would be soooo welcome -

ATourchOfInsanity Thu 08-Nov-12 21:14:02

I get heart palpitations and feel I can't breathe sometimes. I like walking, fast, and don't drive so I find that very helpful. It does help motivate me to clean and do things with DD and cook loads etc, but at the same time I have to make sure I take time to relax and do nothing. This is very hard to do. I find I come on here or try to get into a series on Netflix or whatever to keep me from wearing myself out in the evenings when DD is in bed. I could spend a lot of time doing pointless things, and getting worked up about something or other or starting a huge project that will dog me for days. I am bad at the moment as my ex is taking us to Court to dispute paying CSA and we have waited for over 3 months for the date. The lack of control affects me I think. I have her in nursery for two part days a week so I get a break (read time to do housework) and she gets a change of scenery (I have no family to help). I am panicking at the mo that his payments will stop as a result of Court and I will have no respite at all. I think it is keeping me a bit sane having time out and I feel very guilty if I don't use it productively. I am sure this is all down to anxiety. I find my heart beating really fast and often feel very overwhelmed as I have such a long To Do list and feel I really need to be acting as both parents as well as staying calm at all times and happy for DD.

Not sure if any of that helped! I have also been hiding from it although a good friend has been telling me I am anxious for a few years now. I think I just thought everyone had this nervous energy!

timewastingonhere Thu 08-Nov-12 22:02:32

It does help to know I'm not alone and it's real - thanks for posting no advice from me as I'm at the start of my journey...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now