Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Bipolar medication - advice please

(2 Posts)
evadeller Wed 07-Nov-12 12:20:44

Hi. I've been taking Quetiapine for a while now. I am currently on 150mg but intend to increase to 200mg, possibly more. I'm starting to take diazepam during the day just to cope with my stress and anxiety. I have bi polar and am extremely stressed and depressed at the moment. I was prescribed Mirtazepine a while ago but have been too terrified to take it because every other anti-depressant had made me too manic. They sent me completely off the rails.
Has anyone with bipolar taken both Mirtazepine + Quetiapine? Is it worth the risk or should I just increase the Quetiapine and see how it goes? I really need something to help the depression as I'm struggling to function.

elvispelvis Wed 07-Nov-12 14:25:44

Have you tested lamotrigine? It is a mood stablilizer and helps with depression. It is not so good preventing manias, though. I had it with lithium.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now