Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Lack of sleep

(6 Posts)
BlackCatinchaos Mon 05-Nov-12 22:31:04

Not sure if this would be the right place for this thread but here goes anyway.
I have got through today after only having 3 hours sleep last night. I have had disturbed sleep since about Thursday as I have had a cough/cold type virus. I am also on AD's. The thing is, I should really go to bed and try to get some sleep but I feel like I could stay awake for another couple of hours.
I know some of you would be thinking " just go to bed!" which is what I should do but I don't want to go to bed and lay there awake or start coughing and keep everyone else awake. confused
I'm probably just rambling on !!
Is it the AD's keeping me feeling "awake"??

Anyone else suffer with lack of sleep?

BlackCatinchaos Mon 05-Nov-12 22:46:40

<Decides she should try to go to bed>

ZigZagWanderer Mon 05-Nov-12 22:50:33

I do on and off, what ADs are you on. In the past they have kept me awake (citalopram). Speak to you GP and let them know it's a problem.
There's no point in going to bed if you are not tired.
Try a hypnosis cd to relax you. It helps me.

BlackCatinchaos Mon 05-Nov-12 22:53:31

I'm on Fluoxetine. I'm not sure if it's the AD's or this cough I've got. I have been a bit naughty hit and miss though about taking my meds.
I need to give myself a slap.

DoubleYew Mon 05-Nov-12 23:22:59

I hate going to bed too. I try and make myself look forward to it by getting a good book or a podcast I want to listen to. Usually that means I fall asleep easier than just lying there, trying to sleep.

ZigZagWanderer Tue 06-Nov-12 10:12:24

Perhaps you're having a bad run of nights, I use Paul McKenna sleep cd. It's cheap on eBay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now