Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Afraid to eat after weight loss

(6 Posts)
CakeInMyFace Sat 03-Nov-12 18:52:43

Not sure if this is the right place to post but here it goes. I have lost around 30lbs over the last 6 months post baby. I was a size 14 and am now an 8 and like I was 5 years ago. Before I got pregnant 2 years ago I was bigger than I wanted to be. Have been on weight watchers to lose it. I now seem to be having issues with eating and am terrified of gaining it back.

Im still losing and conscious people are starting to notice Im getting too thin. I don't want to lose more but I've become obsessed with calories and points, and afraid to put food in my mouth some days. Can anyone relate to this feeling? What do I do? Am worried Im heading down a dangerous path but not sure how to change my pattern of thinking.

SirBoobAlot Sat 03-Nov-12 19:34:23

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I have issues with food too, and know how horrible it is.

Have you spoken to anyone professionally about this?

amillionyears Sat 03-Nov-12 22:31:18

You need to visit your GP.
There is a lot of help available for this.

Millie2013 Sun 04-Nov-12 12:54:42

Echo, you really need to talk to your GP (or a counsellor) about this and better to do this soon than let it take more of a hold. There is help out there. In the meantime, google BEAT (formally eating disorders association). I am not saying you have an ED, but it definitely sounds like you are having problems eating and BEAT is an excellent resource smile

CakeInMyFace Sun 04-Nov-12 20:53:59

Hi thanks for the great advice. I haven't spoken to anyone yet but my dh is getting concerned. I will have a look at those resources and try to get a handle on this.

SirBoobAlot Mon 05-Nov-12 01:39:48

Second the BEAT recommendation.

Please go and see your GP, call them in the morning and book an appointment for as soon as possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now