Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Crippling Anxiety

(3 Posts)
mrscumberbatch Sat 03-Nov-12 12:55:21

So yes, what the title suggests.

I am currently having days where I feel incapable of doing anything, just rooted to the spot with a feeling of panic/dread sitting on my chest.

My GP is one of the 'So what would you like me to do about it?' types. I have tried to get through this myself for over a year but have good days and bad days. On the whole it's been bad though. Tough.

I am under a fair amount of stress due to things that I can't control but I usually cope with stress well, its not a case of 'taking a break' or meditating or any of that.

I am considering requesting to be put on something to calm me down a bit. Does anyone have any experience of this?

amillionyears Sat 03-Nov-12 16:29:19

No experience.
Others may reply who have experience later.

My advice would be to see another GP in the practice.
All GPs are different, and better at some things than others.

Henners1 Sat 03-Nov-12 21:13:21

Hi, the first thing you need to know is that this can be fixed. I would definitely ask to see a different gp. I have suffered from anxiety for about 7 years and there are certain gps that I will see in relation to this. I would recommend medication. Just because you start taking this it doesn't mean you will be on it for life. I would also recommend counselling, maybe cbt, which you can get on the NHs so asked to be referred. As soon as you put the wheels in motion you will feel better x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now