Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Will a diazepam help?

(3 Posts)
tutu100 Thu 01-Nov-12 11:13:34

I am suffering from really bad anxiety atm. Have been for years and am in a bad patch right now. Am not on any other medication as came of AD's about 3 months ago. Waiting to see consultant for medication reveiw.

However DP and I need to go collect our children from my Dad's. I am not driving. DP says I need to come with him as I need to get out the house. I am feeling awful but agree I need to go to push myself. I have diazepam which I have only ever taken once before when having a breakdown. Didn't think it helped much then, but was really not well so wondering if it might be more helpful now as I'm not in quite the same bad state.

Just a bit scared that it may affect my ability to function for the rest of the day. Was thinking of taking 2.5mg. Just want to relax slightly and for my head to stop having that horrible unreal feeling that it gets when I am really anxious.

SavoyCabbage Thu 01-Nov-12 11:17:42

It sounds like a good idea for you to go with your dp to your dad's to get your dc.

I have taken it for a short time. It made me feel heavy and I was ravenous too! It did seem to help me sleep though and lessened the panicking feelings I had.

tutu100 Thu 01-Nov-12 11:21:28

Will it help me quickly? Need to leave the house in 15 mins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now