Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How much for counselling?

(4 Posts)
Coconutter Wed 31-Oct-12 12:52:03

I've pretty much exhausted my nhs allowance of counselling sessions so I'll need to pay for my own from next month. Can anyone tell me how much I should expect to pay please?

Henners1 Wed 31-Oct-12 14:15:45

Hi, I'm having private counselling at the moment and it's £35 an hour. I wouldn't pay more than about £40, some of them are ridiculous prices x

ClareMarriott Wed 31-Oct-12 20:41:26

Coconutter I would check out BACP if I was you, they list the names of counsellors and their disciplines so you contact them to see what they charge. However, £30/40 per hour does sound about right unless they have any concessions

dottyspotty2 Thu 01-Nov-12 09:53:52

I was given the number of a private counseller off ny Gp after finishing with crisis centre NHS refused me, been with her since July she charges depending on income between £5-£25 she never checked my income just charges minimum charge as it is very long term and I was in real need at the start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now