Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

question about bipolar.

(5 Posts)
Crawling Sat 27-Oct-12 08:02:38

Does anyone else find that after a mania the memories are very mixed up and hard to recall? That sometimes a song may recall a flash of memory which can make you feel sick?

Also when i come down of a long manic episode i am physically ill experiencing symptoms akin to withdrawal every muscle aches i shake all over feel so cold,vomit and sometimes lose control of my bowels does anyone else get either of these after a manic episode?

mrsfuzzy Sat 27-Oct-12 11:22:23

poor, poor you, i've had similar episodes of confused memory and flu like symptoms before i went onto meds, chat to your gp/psych if you have one, i don't believe anyone should have to put up with this, be persistant and get it sorted out, your life is passing and you do not have time for this rubbish to be going on, please get help, meds have helped me enormously.

Crawling Sat 27-Oct-12 11:49:30

Thank you mrsfuzzy i am on meds now but recently i have had a depressive episode and 2 years ago i had a very bad mixed episode and while i dont really remember clearly i know that someone i thought was my best friend slept with me but i dont remember it. But the other day a song came on that was playing and the memory rushed back in full this happened a few times now. I felt sick and violated by someone i trusted and i get flashes of it almost like a black and white film.

I was wondering if this is because of the illness why i cant remember properly or whether i am dissasociating from my actions while manic because i dont want to remember iyswim.

Scheherezade Sat 27-Oct-12 21:56:17

Yes definitely this is how I experience it. I say its like being very drunk and having no recollection of the night before. Just mortified ay the glimpses and flashes of memories.

Crawling Sun 28-Oct-12 06:56:17

Thanks scheherezade it's good to know im not alone alot of people don't realize how you can not remember 3months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now