Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Present for a Counsellor?

(10 Posts)
Sparklingbrook Thu 11-Oct-12 13:44:32

I have my last session next week. I would like to buy her a little something as a token of appreciation, she has helped me so much. Any ideas? I know she likes cats but as it's been me doing all the talking (obviously) that's about it.

I am going to leave it at the front desk, I don't want to do a cringey gift giving.

muddleup Thu 11-Oct-12 14:15:46

I bought my psychologist at christmas time a nice candle, she also has a bundle of pepples in a dish and I got her one that said Thankyou on it.

Not sure if I've been much help
x

Sparklingbrook Thu 11-Oct-12 14:17:39

No that's a lovely thought. Thanks muddle. I will have a look at some nice candles and holders.

LosingItBigTime Thu 11-Oct-12 14:43:39

I bought my therapist a nice pen as he was always scribbling with a biro!

Sparklingbrook Thu 11-Oct-12 14:46:17

Mine scribbles with a tiny pencil. Losing. A few nice pencils and a candle-that would make a nice present.

LosingItBigTime Thu 11-Oct-12 15:15:27

Good idea!

Sparklingbrook Thu 11-Oct-12 15:16:55

Feels odd to think I won't be seeing her again.

LosingItBigTime Thu 11-Oct-12 19:37:05

I know. I was anxious about my therapy ending and almost cried at my last session. I completely understand.

Sparklingbrook Thu 11-Oct-12 19:56:27

I mean it's good isn't it Losing? I don't need her anymore. That's what I'm telling myself.

LosingItBigTime Fri 12-Oct-12 15:06:59

Yes. It is positive. It is normal to feel that it will feel strange bit seeing her but yes it is a great thing that you don't need her any more. Seriously, you should be proud. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now