Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Dreams on AD's

(7 Posts)
Lovewearingjeans Mon 08-Oct-12 19:42:49

Sometimes they are great sometimes they make me wake up feeling angry and pissed off. Does anyone else have this side effect?

Gmakes3 Mon 08-Oct-12 20:32:38

I have very vivid dreams and not usually pleasant. Wake up scared mostly.

fluffydressinggown Mon 08-Oct-12 22:04:57

I had brilliant vivid dreams when I was on citalopram, other people have told me they had unpleasant dreams on the same medication but all of mine were really lovely. I kept dreaming I was best friends with Kate Middleton and I had a lovely one where I adopted a cat. Citalopram did nothing for me other than the dreams so I stopped it but I was quite sad not to have such lovely dreams any more!

keekeeblue Tue 09-Oct-12 09:26:46

I have vivid dreams on Paroxetine. Last night I dreamt (twice!!) that I was in prison for 8 years and it was so vivid I woke up terrified.

I often have quite frightening dreams since being on the ADs. Usually quite in detail after I have been for counselling and start dreaming about XH and what I would say to him if my anxiety didn't keep getting in the way.

gingeroots Tue 09-Oct-12 19:06:11

Vivid dreams on AD's .
Not nice .

WithanAnotE Tue 09-Oct-12 23:13:23

Been on a number of ADs before with no issues.
Currently on Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine and have very vivid and odd dreams, but never horrible - DH also said that I laugh out loud in my sleep hmm - suppose it beats his snoring grin.

purplepenguin86 Wed 10-Oct-12 00:04:21

Also have vivid/strange dreams on anti depressants. When I'm not on meds I don't really dream at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now