Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Do I have a mental problem?

(7 Posts)
Mooq Sun 07-Oct-12 21:05:55

I'm not sure if this will make any sense, but here goes >deep breath<

I seem to all over the place, emotionally. The time of the month doesn't seem to make a difference.

For example, today I saw a famous actor from a children's programme. I had to walk into a doorway because it made me cry. I wanted to hug him and tell him that DS really enjoys his programme. It's stupid. DS doesn't love it THAT much. Luckily I had sunglasses, so could disguise the tears a bit, although I suppose I was shaking.

My friend sent a kind message to me. That made me want to cry and ring her and ask for help. I don't need help with anything though. I just feel like I could do with support. Daft, isn't it?

I get REALLY angry. Not violent, but just exasperated and really annoyed. About anything.]

I thought about suicide today. I like the thought, but won't actually do it.

However, there have been points in the day when I feel ok. Happy, even. It's always tinged with a deep-down sadness though, I think. I can feel it in my stomach.

Is this just bad tempered, or should I speak to the GP?

Thanks very much.

usualsuspect3 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:07:36

I think a chat with your DP is a good idea.

usualsuspect3 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:07:49

Sorry GP not DP.

Back2Two Sun 07-Oct-12 21:13:31

I think that you would really benefit from speaking to your GP, especially if you have a good relationship with them.

Your emotions ( as you describe them) seem to be extreme and a little erratic and beyond your control (they take you by surprise). If you are thinking about suicide and thinking it's normal to think about suicide ....it's not. If your mood was completely stable and not a little bit depressed, suicide would be nowhere near your thoughts xxx

neski36 Sun 07-Oct-12 21:14:44

A chat with your GP will help, they have a questionnaire you fill in that helps with diagnosis if it's depression.

Mooq Sun 07-Oct-12 21:17:37

Thanks all. I'll call the GP tomorrow. Thanks again.

dysfunctionalme Mon 08-Oct-12 10:52:18

Like the others say, that is a lot of extreme emotion to be coping with. Could be any number of reasons and hopefully your GP is good and will check you thoroughly. all the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now