Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety issues Please read this post What do you think? Help!

(5 Posts)
alwaysworriedtoo Mon 01-Oct-12 18:48:01

I posted this on the What would you do site but I thought I should ask here also due to my anxiety over the situation. Has anyone else gone throught this sort of situation? what did you do? I am starting to actually feel upset overthis now and am thinking of taking the swimsuit back washed and just say I am unhappy with it.
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/what_would_you_do/1576849-Someones-discharge-in-swimsuit-PLEASE-HELP

frazzledbutcalm Mon 01-Oct-12 21:38:37

mumsnetters have answered you other thread ... you've posted this AFTER you've had replies on your other one, and you've answered your other one ... ??

alwaysworriedtoo Tue 02-Oct-12 09:20:36

I know i'm obsessing. Sorry I just wondered if anyone had had the same emotions over something similar and what did they do? How did they 'get over it'. I almost think i've 'got it' when I feel that flicker of uncertainty and it begins again.

keekeeblue Tue 02-Oct-12 09:39:04

Anxiety is an awful illness and totally irrational. I think you should see your GP and get referred for counselling - I'm sure that will help. I find the CD "Overcoming Your Fears" by Louise L. Hay really useful for calming me down when my anxiety is peaking.

KeemaNaanAndCurryOn Tue 02-Oct-12 10:55:53

Obsessive thoughts can be tricky to overcome and I sympathise with you having a problem with it as its horrible when you get stuck in a loop.

Try breaking it down bit by bit.

1. Think of when you tried the swimsuit on. You will have looked at the gusset when you were trying it on. There was nothing noticable there as if there had been you would have seen it and not bought the suit.

2. Think: what is more likely. Before you removed the hygiene stip you didn't see the white marks. You only saw them once the strip was removed. It is more likely that the marks were from the strip than you not noticing them both in the shop when trying on AND when you looked at the gusset to remove the strip.

3. Think practically - there are ways to overcome this uncertainty:
a) Accept that you're not happy with the swimsuit and as you can't return it, accept the loss and give it to charity or throw it away.
b) Accept that if you didn't see the marks in the shop or when you removed the hygeini strip, they are from said strip, not from someone else.
c) You can wash the costume thorougly if you are still uncertain.

4. Come up with a plan in your head for how to deal with the obsessive thoughts. I deal with them by saying "fuck off bitch" over and over again, or by bursting into song. Have a go at a few things. Sometimes there is a safety in obsessive thoughs as it provides your head with something to do. It can take time to learn how to break them, but it IS possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now