Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

PTSD / Domestic violence

(5 Posts)
Littleblue Wed 26-Sep-12 15:04:10

I left a violent relationship five years ago.. I have ongoing crushing depression and all sorts of problems with trust and self belief... I have been on and off anti depressants but have now hit a state of limbo where I largely achieve nothing daily , have gained alot of weight , drink too much of an eve , suffer insomnia , flashbacks....and chronic stress thru debt etc... does anyone have anything to suggest...?

cestlavielife Wed 26-Sep-12 15:28:22

have you had cousnellong for this ?
eg specific thru womens aid ?

Littleblue Wed 26-Sep-12 15:31:19

Nope , I had a dv support officer thru the local police who helped and supported me so as to leave him safely , but nothing since..

cestlavielife Thu 27-Sep-12 11:49:21

go to gp and ask for referral for counselling. should have been offered alongside anti depressants.
but is not too late to ask for counselling on nhs to talk it thru and mvove forward

Littleblue Thu 27-Sep-12 16:40:51

I'll speak to Gp soon.... I'm not good on meds , seem to get every side effect in the book... thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now