Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

ADs and side effects

(9 Posts)
ScariestFairyByFar Mon 24-Sep-12 22:17:44

How long will they last I feel like I have morning sickness just now!

QueenStromba Tue 25-Sep-12 17:38:22

They say about two weeks. I still felt rough after a month on fluoxetine (prozac) so went back to the doctor and changed to citalopram. Hope you feel better soon.

poobum5 Tue 25-Sep-12 18:52:24

Hi scariest.
what ads did you start? I think I felt a rough for about 2 weeks with citalopram and a bit longer with fluoxetine. It did gradually reduce though...
I have just started citalopram (again!) today and felt fairly rough for most of the morning. don't feel too bad now though....but am anticipating a rough night sleepwise...
Are you feeling any less sick now? Stick with it. It will be worth it in the end.

ScariestFairyByFar Tue 25-Sep-12 20:08:14

Still feel sick tonight it's weird completely mimicking my morning sickness symptoms which meant I got sick as the day went on! I also seem to be clenching my jaw a lot and had the craziest dreams last night! Started Prozac one Saturday but been changed today to Citalapram as I'm still bfing

Sparklingbrook Tue 25-Sep-12 20:14:40

Citalopram side effects for me that did wear off over time-

Clenchy jaw
Earrache
Interrupted sleep
Feeling very warm. A lot.

I am coming off them now but the symptoms that stayed were-

Weird dreams
Constipation

Good luck. For me they were so worth any side effects and changed things for the better.

ScariestFairyByFar Tue 25-Sep-12 20:43:10

Ah yes I feel warn too thought it was cos I'd had the heating on!

Sparklingbrook Tue 25-Sep-12 21:09:18

It was mornings when I felt really hot, but it did pass.

orangeandlemons Tue 25-Sep-12 21:13:00

I got the feeling worse as the day went on with Paroxetine. Lost about 8lbs.

Unfortunately this side effect went away. Now I'm hungry all the time

ScariestFairyByFar Tue 25-Sep-12 21:30:26

Unfortunately like morning sickness all I can do is eat to keep it away sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now