Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Dreaming of suicide

(7 Posts)
picklechops Sun 23-Sep-12 14:16:07

Hi,

Just a bit shaken and looking for a bit of advice/support. About 18 months ago I had a really horrific birth and was left with severe PND and PTSD. I was referred to a pyachatrist as just not coping and eventually agreed to take 30mg daily of paroxetine (as well as a bit of talking therapy). I was very distressed whilst acclimating to the AD but now things seemed to have evened out and while I still find anything to do with new babies/birth/reflecting on my babys birth difficult, I'm able to function really well day to day and feel, for the most part, I've "got my groove back".

Twice in the last month though, I've had extremely distressing dreams where things go wrong -and are somewhat connected to the birth- and I get so distraught that I decide my only option is suicide. I wake up before I actually do anything but TBH it freaks me out for the next few days.

I don't know if this means I'm not as we'll as I thought, or if my mind is just processing things or if, we'll, I don't know.

Any thoughts?

ReallyTired Sun 23-Sep-12 14:23:18

I am sorry that you are having distessing dreams. I think the brain does try to process day to day experiences in dreams, but sometimes PTSD is to difficult for the brain to process on its own.

I think that dreams about suicide shows you are not well. It sounds to me as if your brain is playing nasty tricks on you. Maybe you need a change in medication to stamp out these intrusive thoughts.

amillionyears Sun 23-Sep-12 18:24:17

I would have a talk with your GP.
I would try and not be concerned about the dreams on a day to day basis.Easier said than done though.Dreams are not real.

picklechops Sun 23-Sep-12 21:03:07

Thank you for your thoughts.

I know the dreams aren't real but I wake up so badly shaken after feeling like I was in a situation where suicide seemed to be the best and reasonable solution. It just throws me off for a bit.

I think I will try to settle a bit with more relaxation Etc and if it continues seek professional help. I just hate bothering them.

amillionyears Sun 23-Sep-12 21:27:09

Go to the GP first.See what he/she says.
That is what they are there for.

teatotal Fri 28-Sep-12 21:49:03

Please see what others are saying about AD's/suicides on youtube too - take care x

picklechops Sun 30-Sep-12 00:24:06

Link?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now