Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Left the family too it, too tearful to return

(13 Posts)
Somuchforhope Sun 23-Sep-12 12:51:02

2 hours ago I handed my DH a note telling him something he had done was the last straw and took the car keys, my coat and have driven off.

I don't want my kids to have a shit day but know whatever I do they will. If I don't go home they will worry if I do they will just have an upset mum who can't explain why she is crying and I don't want them t see me like this.

They will only be noticing now that I am gone as they have been out until now

It's a complete over reaction. Last straw was DH making a smell in the ensuite bathroom, abing the door open so both rooms stank as he hadn't opened the window to the loo.

This was on top of DD arguing with me about what was a suitable outfit. She is 10 and was wearing a strapy tshirt, short shorts and a biker sleeveless jacket. All ok if worn with less revelin g clothes but together it looked tarty

DS told me he didn't want to do his chore anymore.

I then had to tidy the sitting room for visitors (DH's not mine) and clean the kitchen after the kids and DH had eaten breakfast and clear up after DD's painting and cooking

All perfectly normal things for a mum to do.

There were other small things but I should be able to cope

amillionyears Sun 23-Sep-12 14:20:21

Do you want to talk about other things that may be going on in your life,or have gone on?

NevilleBarnes Sun 23-Sep-12 14:32:43

It sounds as if it's not about the small things, they are the outlet for your anger but there may be a bigger, deep rooted reason.
Having said that, the day to day annoyances get most people down. I had a mutter under my breath this morning when, yet again, dh did something fairly trivial but annoying. They build up, these little things until sometimes we explode.
Do you feel better for venting?

Somuchforhope Sun 23-Sep-12 14:49:24

Thank you, yes the minor things cover the bigger issues.

Just came home as I knew dh and dd would be out again. I was cold and needed a warm drink. DS was at home but didn't come and say hello when I walked in. I checked his room but as he wasn't there assumed he'd gone out too. Feel such a faliure as a mum

amillionyears Sun 23-Sep-12 15:07:18

Are you having a bad day,a bad week,a bad month or longer?
Do you think you may be depressed?
You do not sound like a failure as a mum to me.

Somuchforhope Sun 23-Sep-12 15:43:15

A bad September I'd say

amillionyears Sun 23-Sep-12 15:47:31

Anything happened this September in particular?
Is it the anniversary of something?
or do you feel gradually worn down.

Somuchforhope Sun 23-Sep-12 15:50:47

I started another thread while I was sitting in the car as MH gets few people. Here's the link

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1571217-What-do-I-do-now

Feel silly starting 2 threads sad

Somuchforhope Sun 23-Sep-12 15:51:02

Sorry link thing

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1571217-What-do-I-do-now

kerstina Sun 23-Sep-12 15:55:57

I really hope this does not sound patronising but are you sure it's not PMT?
I suffer with this every month and I swear it completely changes my personality, I get so irritated,short tempered,nothing seems right with the world, and my whole body feels tense.

amillionyears Sun 23-Sep-12 16:03:04

kerstina,please click on the link the op has now given.

kerstina Sun 23-Sep-12 16:10:06

Ok sorry yes I did not click link before. It makes sense with what OP has been through lately that she would be feeling down and could do with a bit more understanding from her family perhaps to help her get through this difficult time.

Somuchforhope Sun 23-Sep-12 22:19:16

Thank you. Other thread has update. I appreciated your time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now