Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

trazodone and another med

(5 Posts)
violetsrblue Sun 23-Sep-12 12:20:32

Does anyone have any experience of taking trazodone alongside another antidepressant? It's been working well for me but I keep hitting low patches because of life events. If I up the trazodone I just feel a bit zonked out (I already take sleeping tabs too). Guess I should go back to the doc but wanted to sound people out here first.

muddleup Sun 23-Sep-12 13:56:43

I took trazodon and citalopram together, it worked quite well together for a while.

violetsrblue Sun 23-Sep-12 15:49:27

Thanks muddleup, I'm going to go to the doc and sort it out.

purplepenguin86 Sun 23-Sep-12 23:53:39

I take Tradodone and Sertraline together, and it seems to work well. I don't take sleeping tablets anymore, I just take my Trazodone at night and it generally makes me pretty sleepy, and then I take my Sertraline in the morning.

lovemydogs Mon 24-Sep-12 14:34:58

yes I also used to take Citalopram in the morning and trazadone at night to help me sleep - I no longer take citalopram and now 4 years on, the trazadone has lost its sedative effect for me - just leaves me having really bad nightmares but for about a year, the two of them together worked very well (apart from massive carb cravings which I regularly gave in to as I felt so chilled I didn't care )
good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now