Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Help?

(4 Posts)
marshkat Sun 23-Oct-11 17:56:55

Is it possible to be pregnant whilst taking the pill and on fluoxtine? I have been feeling sick for just over a week but not actually been sick, my nipples are really aching and im starting to panic that it could be pregnancy. how soon can you test as im only half way through pill packet and dont know what to do! DP says wait till next period but my mind is in over drive thinking about it all. HELP PLEASE.

madmouse Sun 23-Oct-11 20:23:59

Have you recently started either the pill or the fluox? Have you missed any pills?

marshkat Sun 23-Oct-11 20:40:22

yaeh i missed 2 pills by mistake as got confused about what day it was! been on pill for years and on fluoxitine for around 6 months.

madmouse Sun 23-Oct-11 20:48:03

If you've missed pills, made love and used no other protection it is possible that you are pregnant, but even an early test stick will not give you the security you crave until your due on date.

Also be aware that if you are having these symptoms now, it could be because you feel pregnant on the last strip rather than this one, in which case a test could be useful.

You could buy some cheapy tests from a discount store (mine sells 3 cardboard sticks to wee on for a quid) and do one and again in a few days if needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now