Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

anyone around

(14 Posts)
ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 21-Oct-11 22:15:28

Anyone around, not sure what I want to achieve from this, but am feeling so down and flat again, have had a challenging week and I know that from the therapy that I am in that when there is alot going on I am more likely to slip MH wise, re-experiencing and PTSD going off the scale.
I do kind of believe that if I can get to next week then I can try to get hold of the reins again and function.
But at the moment, I am not functioning.

noraa Fri 21-Oct-11 22:20:16

sorry to hear you feeling not well.
can you keep yourself busy till next week?

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 21-Oct-11 22:22:58

I have lots that needs doing, I just can't do it. (am aware that sounds freaky)
I really just feel the need to be in a cold dark cave away from the world

noraa Fri 21-Oct-11 22:27:01

maybe you are tired, mentally tired maybe.
give yourself some time, recharge your batteries.
after last tiring week you might be needing some rest.
1-2 days rest may recover you. you can go places in tthe weekend.

madmouse Fri 21-Oct-11 22:27:28

Hey greyskull sorry you're still struggling - are you getting any sleep?

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 21-Oct-11 22:30:00

thanks,
sleep is an issue at the moment, night time is broken and stressy and have had day naps but I am stuck in a cycle of panic, stress, insomnia, exhaustion, panic, stress..... etc.
It has only taken a few triggers this week and I am jsut a mess

LadyInPink Fri 21-Oct-11 22:30:26

Just try and focus on doing small steps, like getting through this hour and then tomorrow morning etc etc. Next week will seem an age away and unobtainable so concentrate on this evening. Are you on sleeping meds?

Is this a new feeling or bouncing off from something else (you mentioned PTSD)

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 21-Oct-11 22:32:14

sadly not a new feeling at all, but I have been so much better, so much so that I have started to put more on my plate and this is what has sent me into a spin

LadyInPink Fri 21-Oct-11 22:32:46

X posted lots. Seems others know why you're feeling this way but just wanted to post and say hope you feel more relaxed soon. Have been in a similar situation so can empathise smile

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 21-Oct-11 22:35:44

thank you for posting, I have no idea what I want but it is nice to hear /read a friendly voice (if you know what I mean)

LadyInPink Fri 21-Oct-11 22:36:45

It's easy to pile things up when you are having a good day or week but I know from experience that it stresses you out mentally taking too much on. I still get my funny moments and have to take stock and reasses my priorities. Felt a bit anxious today as did a big party for my DD and my house is such a state now but just sat down and put my feet up and chilled a bit. Do you have a partner with you to talk this through with now?

LadyInPink Fri 21-Oct-11 22:39:33

I recognise your name (think ive PM'ed you in the past, unrelated to this of course) so wanted to say hi again. Hope you sleep well tonight smile

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Fri 21-Oct-11 22:39:49

I do, my dh is amazing, I feel so bad for leaning on him so much, I owe him so much, I just can't tell him how shit I am feeling as he will worry about the wider consequences

madmouse Fri 21-Oct-11 23:02:46

what I find when things get bad and stressy/panicy is that I forget my rescue remedy and mindfulness and talking to friends and everything else that normally keeps me on an even keel. How are you doing with self care?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now