Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Can anyone advise? ADs

(5 Posts)
KinkyDorito Thu 13-Oct-11 20:30:22

Hi all,

I am in a place of despair. Today doc said I can double up my prozac (fluoxetine) to 40mg. I'm just a bit concerned as when I first started taking it the side effects were hideous and took a couple of weeks to settle. Will upping my dose give me side-effects, or should it be okay as I'm already on it? Just wondered if anyone else has been through this.

AndTheWinnerIs Thu 13-Oct-11 22:03:49

Personally as a veteran of taking anti depressants I have never had the same problems with side effects when the dosage has been increased.
If you are concerned then could you up your dose to 30mg for a week or two then go up to the 40mg?
Good luck and hopefully the higher dose will work for you.

Chocattack Fri 14-Oct-11 00:30:14

I have had the problem of increased side-effects from increasing doses (though not as bad as the initial commencement). I guess we're all different. Hope the increase helps.

KinkyDorito Fri 14-Oct-11 07:14:53

Thanks both of you. I have only got 20mg capsules, so I doubled last night and will wait and see. It feels never ending at the moment.

AndTheWinnerIs Fri 14-Oct-11 22:37:45

How are you doing Dorito?
Hopefully no problems and in a couple of weeks you will be feeling much brighter.
(ah sod it have a hug x)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now