Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I'm just trying to be honest with myself!

(2 Posts)
Needananswer Wed 12-Oct-11 22:28:04

Ok so dc are now at school full time and it's time for me to go back to work. I have been so excited but then I suffered a full panic attack. Too much responsibility, worry and other things to be OCD about. I have suffered with depression and have been treated for this for around ten years. I'm fairly settled being a sahm but now the thought of workings making me feel ill! I don't know what to do! I know I will not be able to cope with the pressure of a normal working life. Even basic things like till work I will stress far too much about if money doesn't add up. Cleaning work, I will stand there checking I locked up for ten mins! Help I don't know what to do next

NanaNina Wed 12-Oct-11 23:31:01

Do you have to go back to work? Have you already got a job lined up, because if not, you may find it difficult to find a job, dependent upon where you live. Do you suffer from OCD as well as depression, and is your depression kept at bay with medication. I am a little confused about your mental health and how much it causes you difficulties. How will you cope with school times, holidays, children sick etc. Does it have to be all or nothing; could you not try and get something part time. Are you a single parent as I gather the DMWP are now expecting a parent caring for a child to start looking for work when the youngest child is 5. This seems ridiculous to me, because where are people meant to find jobs that fit in with school hours, especially at this time of very high unemployment.

Can yu give more info on your position?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now