Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Starting to feel ill again what should I do?

(4 Posts)
Emmac50 Tue 11-Oct-11 07:59:58

I have problems with thyroid which isn't being treated as it's borderline. Some symptom of many is anxiety, depression and lack of concentration. During summer I found out I was pregnant so stopped citalapram which I didn't have te symptoms before until now of the depression etc. I had a miscarriage 4 weeks ago and returned to work 2 weeks and they are piling on the work and saying I'm making loads of mistakes etc. The fact is I'm catching up on 2 weeks of work at the busiest time of the year....which I don't thinks particularly fair...anyway I'm scared to go back to doctors otherwise they'll put me back on anti depressants. it's all gettih a bit much tbh x

Upwardandonward Tue 11-Oct-11 08:54:39

You sound a little conflicted, Emmac50 As it's all getting a bit too much, would you think about going to the GP and asking for support such as CBT or other talking therapies. Nobody can make you take antidepressants.

Emmac50 Tue 11-Oct-11 11:33:52

My doctor doesn't particularly support talking therapies as have asked for it before. I was sent on a computerised cbt course which as you can imagine is not the same. They like to give anti depressants for anything. Its the first choice in family healthcare lol. I will have to go see them and see what they say I suppose I have little choice!! Thanks for your note x

Chocattack Tue 11-Oct-11 12:16:37

Sorry Emma but your doctor sounds hopeless! Do you think it's related to your particular gp or is it a problem of funding for therapies where you live? I'm shocked they give ads for anything. It doesn't hurt to see them but as previous poster says you can't be made to take ads if you don't think they're right for the time. Given what's happened (is happening) sounds like you need to be extra nice to yourself: lots of rest, relaxation etc when you're not working.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now