Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

has anyone ever had sertraline, just started it and its killed my appetite

(11 Posts)
MistyMountainHop Fri 07-Oct-11 17:45:28

started it yesterday and i noticed that literally within a few hours my appetite had gone away, normally i am one of these people thats ALWAYS hungry (i'm not overweight or anything). i don't feel sick or anything, but i have stopped being hungry.

anyone else had this?

MistyMountainHop Fri 07-Oct-11 17:45:56

can't say i mind too much though smile

Makinglists Fri 07-Oct-11 17:56:48

I started this drug about 10 days and for the first 3 or 4 days I was rather indifferent about food and once or twice I felt a bit sick (felt a bit like morning sickness only I know its not) - 10 days on I would say my appetite is back to normal though perhaps I'm not as ravenous as I sometimes am. I also noticed slight constipation for the first week - nothing major though. The worst side effect for me was that for the first 24hrs I couldn't sleep but again this seemed to sort its self out.

MissLofPubia Sun 09-Oct-11 10:41:06

I took it and I've got to say it wasn't for me! You've got to keep trying all the different ones until you get there, and it's still early days on this yet, so good luck! xxx

banana87 Sun 09-Oct-11 10:46:53

I took it and had to come off sad it made me feel very very very sick. Too sick to move, it was awful sad apparently if you keep taking it the side effect will wear off though. I just couldn't give it the time it needed to do that.

MistyMountainHop Sun 09-Oct-11 17:02:02

well i may be imagining it but i do feel a slight bit "better" in myself already (day 4 of taking it) i just feel more on an even keel iykwim

appetite still gone though

Makinglists Sun 09-Oct-11 19:02:27

I expected it to take a few weeks to have any effect but I felt better after 3 or 4 days - more chilled about life it that makes sense. Two weeks in my PMT is better - just a little tired and grumpy a day or so before rather than the nasty,snappy, angry person I usually am. So far the medication has been positive for me - lets hope it continues!!

MistyMountainHop Sun 09-Oct-11 19:07:45

yes, makinglists - more chilled about life is how i feel smile

Cheeptrickortreat Sun 09-Oct-11 19:10:12

I'm on 150mg and 32 weeks pg. I went on it for PND with my first DC and have been on it for over a year.

It made me feel sick and have a headache for the first week or two but not too bad then it settled down and i find it works for me. It does take away cravings and the desire to have sex abit but it makes my mood more even and it calms me down so i think its good.

FreckledLeopard Sun 09-Oct-11 19:43:31

It made me sick when I started taking it. Sometimes just nauseous, other times full on vomiting. But it settled quickly and my appetite returned to normal.

YankNCock Mon 10-Oct-11 00:07:47

Haven't noticed any change in appetite on 100mg envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now