Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety/panic attacks and dentist this am!

(8 Posts)
ClaimedByMe Fri 07-Oct-11 08:36:50

I just want to write this down to try and get my head straight.

I suffer frim panic attacks and anxiety, i have beta blockers and am on a long waiting list for more counselling. I have a dentist app this morning, just for a checkup but have toothache so i know theres a problem,ive been awake half the night, have already emptied my bowels a few times this am, thats a major symptom of my anxiety, the saaying "shit scared" really applies to me!

I just need to get through this appointment ( without shitting myself) i know in my head its just a check up and they will do nothing but look but im bloody terrified, i know how to breathe and to distract my anxiety but i am just not coping this morning, i feel so stupied.

Thanks if anyone reads!

Katisha Fri 07-Oct-11 08:48:27

Dentsists are used to this. Tell them when you get there - don't try to tough it out.
If you find you need treatment after the check-up then maybe you can ask about sedation. This worked very well for DS2 who developed a fear of the dentist.

ClaimedByMe Fri 07-Oct-11 09:00:42

Thanks, dp, dd and ds are going too and i need to be brave for the dc so they dont a fear too sad

Katisha Fri 07-Oct-11 09:15:37

Send the DCs in without you, or with DH.

Katisha Fri 07-Oct-11 09:15:48

DP sorry

Katisha Fri 07-Oct-11 17:26:43

How did it go?

ClaimedByMe Fri 07-Oct-11 19:18:48

It went great! I dont need any treatment smile! The dentist was really good at keeping me calm, thank you for asking!

Katisha Fri 07-Oct-11 21:44:39

Excellent - well done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now