Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Life insurance-I can't get any

(7 Posts)
Rhymenoseros Tue 04-Oct-11 12:19:12

Hello, I have bipolar and have been turned down by three insurers for life cover- two straight away said no, the other said they would write to my doctor and get back to me if successful (they haven't) so I am presuming that's a no.

Does anyone know of any insurers that will consider applicants with mental health problems? I have not attempted suicide, but have been sectioned once.

I am scared to apply again as I have heard each 'no' lies on file much like credit refusals.

any help would be much appreciated thanks

ThatsNotYours Tue 04-Oct-11 21:30:59

Is this of any help?

www.mind.org.uk/help/social_factors/money_services_explained/insurance

fedupandtired Tue 04-Oct-11 21:49:20

I've been refused it too (also bipolar). I've still got a policy from years ago before I became ill but haven't been able to change it when we've moved house. I wasn't the slightest bit surprised (damn, I wouldn't insure me!) and just accepted it.

Rhymenoseros Tue 04-Oct-11 23:12:53

hi thanks for your replies, i will have a good look at the link tomorrow as i am too tired tonight. its really frustrating as my condition is stable and I am managing it really well.

CHC3 Fri 07-Oct-11 10:17:27

We got it for my husband who also has bp - took a lot of shopping around though and it excludes cover for anything related to his bp, which I guess is fair enough. I'll dig it out and get back to you with who it's with.

Rhymenoseros Fri 07-Oct-11 10:55:11

thanks CHC3 I didn't realise they could do that with insurance

CHC3 Tue 11-Oct-11 10:06:09

This is who we got it with for my husband
http://www.orbisinsurance.co.uk/

We've also used them for travel insurance before which is also bloody expensive for bp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now