Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

citalopram and tinitus?

(5 Posts)
ohnonotthat Sat 01-Oct-11 19:12:46

Hi,

Ive just had to re start taking citalopram after pnd returning to discover that i seem to have started having tinitus again. The only link I can think of is this drug. Its driving me crazy and my GP says its not a known side effect. Has anyone taken this drug and found the same? I have found some link on the internet saying it can be a side effect not sure whether to carry on with the drug or try to change to something else..........

HedleyLamarr Sun 02-Oct-11 15:02:16

I don't take Citalopram, but I do suffer with Tinnitus and have done for about 6 years so you have my sympathy.

fiddlydee Mon 03-Oct-11 09:49:46

Yes! I take sertroline and it gives me tinitus. It is definitely the drug in my case and it is listed as one of the side effects. Sorry if this is bad news but at least you know the cause.

WitchOfWoo Mon 03-Oct-11 09:54:01

Another mnetter posted this link which actually does help when tinnitus is bad.

divedaisy Tue 04-Oct-11 22:20:46

i take 40mg citalopram and get thunder in my ears - is that the same??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now