Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Recommendations for a therapist in Oxfordshire

(2 Posts)
anotherstupidname Thu 29-Sep-11 20:47:05

Can anyone recommend a really good one as I don't know where to start really.

I have issues with my childhood and ongoing problems with my parents. I feel so numb and unable to enjoy my life and what I've got. I also think that my DH and I need help with our relationship (constantly bicker and I feel he is controlling) as well as how to deal with DS (we don't agree on parenting and discipline). Wow-I sound a mess...

I feel we need someone that I could perhaps see on my own and maybe my DH could join in later, so someone with couples experience.

I also don't know what type of therapist/counsellor/pyscologist (sp?) I would need. I want to be able to talk about the past but also work through it, express my anger and be given tools to be able to cope and forgive the past and move on. I don't want to just sit and talk with someone nodding. I've done that before and it helps at the time but ultimately doesn't help me resolve anything.


Jammyrella Thu 29-Sep-11 20:53:49

If it's within reach, try the Wantage COunselling Service.

It's also worth knowing they adjust their prices according to your household income.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: