Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

please hold my hand tonight

(7 Posts)
Mimmit Wed 21-Sep-11 00:43:43

this sounds really pathetic but my DH is away and I hate being alone in house (apart from 2 v little DC). Think I worry more with tiredness and being unsettled with youngest still waking. Trying to stay awake til 4am when I will probably feel ok to go to sleep.
I know this is stupid but can't help feeling panicky. I never used to be like this.

SansaLannister Wed 21-Sep-11 00:52:38

Take some Piriton tablets. Two of them.

DoubleNegativePanda Wed 21-Sep-11 00:54:56

I feel unsettled when my DH is away, too. I'm in the US so I'll be in and out here for quite a while yet if you want to talk!

cecilyparsley Wed 21-Sep-11 00:57:00

Hi Mimmit, I hate it when I know I wont be able to sleep, does your littlest one wake up quite frequently?
When mine were little I went about 7 years without an unbroken night...first unbroken night I woke up feeling utterly disorientated! confused

Mimmit Wed 21-Sep-11 01:04:05

Sansa, piriton is a good idea, though I may sleep through DC's waking up!
Thank you doubleneg. If I don't do piriton a chat would be good. If I disappear you know I have fallen asleep!
Hi cecily.Yes he wakes up about 3 times a night though there are signs he is getting better. He seems to know when my DH is away though and is worse. He has woken 3 times so far...
7 years without an unbroken night sounds terrible.How do you manage?I feel I am losing my marbles after only 18months. Is yours better now?

cecilyparsley Wed 21-Sep-11 01:24:40

sounds as if your youngest is picking up that you feel unsettled?
my kids are grown up & left home now, but I think I just got used to being disturbed and generally went back to sleep quite quickly, or maybe I've just blocked out the worst memories of sleep deprivation!

DoubleNegativePanda Wed 21-Sep-11 03:00:03

Hope you're asleep then grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now