Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

depression is so 'physical' isn't it

(6 Posts)
Lottieloulou Thu 15-Sep-11 10:37:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

weegiemum Thu 15-Sep-11 10:40:36

thats how i feel today - like a huuuuge crushing weight is sitting on me. Cant do anything, even mn is an effort today!

Chocattack Thu 15-Sep-11 19:54:00

Yep smile

blonderedhead Thu 15-Sep-11 21:35:35

So, so true... It's exhausting, painful and visceral. Very hard to communicate to others. One of the things that leaves you feeling so alone.

Rhymenoseros Fri 23-Sep-11 13:00:14

I agree, and I think most people are not aware of the physical effects of depression thats why i am sure it has a lot of stigma and people think it can easily be faked. I think if more people realized that it has a physical side as well as how you feel then they would be more accepting of it as an illness.

For me- bipolar- the depression side of it is like I am trying to walk through setting cement whilst being stabbed in random places on my body. i also feel sick with it and the usual crushing headaches, on top of the low mood, anxiety,paranoia sleep probs, palpitations etc etc.

borntoberiled Sat 24-Sep-11 08:05:55

Agree. When I was suffering badly a few years ago, it actually made many colleagues and family realise, because they could see it. before that many of them thought you just felt a bit low.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now