Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anyone about - really low today :(

(17 Posts)
weegiemum Thu 15-Sep-11 10:33:14

Thats it really.

Didn't sleep, bad dreams when I did.

CPN coming this afternoon, house a mess, got to go to a wedding this weekend, can't face it.

Just want a wee chat.

madmouse Thu 15-Sep-11 11:05:09

chat away - I'm here for a bit until ds is delivered back by taxi at 11.45.

Has anything triggered you feeling so low or has it kinda spiralled down?

Weddings are very daunting when you're low...

Upwardandonward Thu 15-Sep-11 11:07:18

Hi weegiemum

weegiemum Thu 15-Sep-11 11:29:11

I don't want to go.

I don't want to drive for 6.5 hours to get there, with 3 kids. But its my brother getting married (again!). I'm exhausted, feel and look awful.

I went out just now, bought hair dye to go "plum" as it will go with my new top.

dh has been away at work since Monday (stuff came up, he couldn't come home) so my house is a massive mess I am the world's worst housewife. Got to tidy as piano teacher coming at 4!

Just SO tired.

<moan moan moan>

Think the low-ness has been a slow spiral (on ADs) but the wedding has kinda firmed it up in the last few days.

weegiemum Thu 15-Sep-11 13:01:02

Help!

madmouse Thu 15-Sep-11 13:21:23

You're doing amazing dragging yourself out for hair dye!!

In terms of tidying - set the cooking alarm for 15mins and just tidy as much as you can in that time so it looks better. Doesn't need to be clean for the piano teacher!!

weegiemum Thu 15-Sep-11 13:49:06

i need to do my hair or my Dad will fuss!

Piano is in dining room so need to at least clear dirty dishes.

Flirting with idea of bribing kids to hoover when they get home (45 mins before piano lesson).

madmouse Thu 15-Sep-11 13:50:37

clearing the dirty dishes is an achievable target. Just do that and see if you have space for something else after that.

ktt5378 Thu 15-Sep-11 14:09:01

Why not start with your hair, would make me feel better. Then see how much time you've got and do what you can. Don't get overwhelmed and try to do too much.
Don;t know how old the kids are but if they're at school then they should be old enough to help their mum!

weegiemum Thu 15-Sep-11 16:01:52

Dishes cleared (Now kitchen a tip but hey-ho).

Hoovering and hanging out washing done by kids for modest bribe!

Seen CPN, had some meds adjusted to aid sleep.

Turns out the starter bras I bought this morning for dd1 (she'd been measured but needed more) are ones "developed by a panel of mumsnetters" - I was on that panel so that gave me a wee smile!

madmouse Thu 15-Sep-11 16:33:01

Well done you that's an achievement for such a crap day!

weegiemum Thu 15-Sep-11 17:19:56

Now have to pack for wedding! Eek!!

ktt5378 Thu 15-Sep-11 17:35:26

Well done

weegiemum Thu 15-Sep-11 19:41:15

Dreading tonight - dh away till morning - can I sleep or not? Frightened to try!

madmouse Thu 15-Sep-11 20:08:42

This adjustment to your meds will not work straight away?

You must be really tired so I'm sure you will get some sleep - enough to survive another day even if you don't feel brilliant.

Go to bed when you feel proper tired, if you end up tossing and turning get up again and read or whatever you can do to relax, and try again when you feel sleepy.

Good luck xx

weegiemum Fri 16-Sep-11 06:05:55

Have had 3 hours broken sleep.

Not packed

We need to drive the length of the country today (Glasgow -> Bristol) and I'm going to be damn all use (cant drive anyway).

Feel rubbish.

madmouse Fri 16-Sep-11 07:38:08

That's a ridiculously long drive for anyone well or not! shock are you doing it in one day?

You will survive this, you know that. You're feeling rubbish but you will get through this. Hold on to that. It will soon be over, your meds will kick in and things will settle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now