Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

STRUGGLING MUMS or PND? This one's for you (I hope!)...

(8 Posts)
Kittylenz Mon 05-Sep-11 12:42:17

Hello,

I've started an honest, open blog about PND and my struggles with motherhood. It's bullsh*t-free and aims to unashamedly express those hard to admit thoughts buzzing around in the sometimes dark places in your mind. Writing it is definitely helping me. Hopefully reading it will help you too.

pndandme-notsoyummymummy.blogspot.com/

Any comments will always be gratefully received.

X

ramade Mon 05-Sep-11 14:59:52

I think your blog will be so usfull to mums who suffer PND and can recognise aspects of their own experience in it. The font you have chosen is very hard on the eye, makes it quite difficult to get through.

racingmind Mon 05-Sep-11 19:12:21

Good for you. If I was together/ brave enough I'd do something similar as the conspiracy of silence surrounding the reality of motherhood is in my opinion a huge factor in PND. Relate to everything you say about sleep too- being someone who needs a certain amount in order to function is really frustrating when you live with someone who doesn't get what all the fuss is about sleep deprivation!

Kittylenz Mon 05-Sep-11 19:13:47

Thank you very much for your comments. I really hope the blog helps. Your font comment was very useful indeed. I've changed the font so that you don't have to squint or read the blog using a magnifying glass. Thanks again.

madmouse Mon 05-Sep-11 19:18:10

well done - just read your current post and love it

SongBirdsKeepSinging Tue 06-Sep-11 19:32:58

I haven't read the link yet, too fragile today but will come back to it in a few days. Wish I was as brave

Albrecht Fri 09-Sep-11 13:00:28

I like this especially the flashes of humour. Keep it up please.

You are so right about control, ds does what he likes mainly.

Jakiya Tue 13-Sep-11 21:38:04

reading this was exactly what I needed right now. thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now